Friday, August 23, 2019

Welcome to Third Grade Letter to Families





Thursday, August 22nd, 2019

Dear Third Graders and Families,

I hope you have all had a relaxing and fun filled summer vacation. I am looking forward to seeing you all! I have been so busy cleaning, organizing and setting up our classroom that this letter is getting to you a bit later than I had wished. I am very excited to see my UID friends and to meet and get to know new friends at UCS! A big change that I need to let you all know about is that I have changed my last name back to my maiden name! I will now be called Ms Melone!

You may be wondering what you need to bring to school on the first day. You will need:
a snack, unless you’re having b-snack.
a lunch, unless you’re getting hot lunch
a backpack or bag
That’s it! You do not need to bring any supplies for school! Our classroom has plenty of pencils, erasers, glue, markers, colored pencils, and crayons, so please do not send in any additional supplies. You may want to bring in a regular sized pencil box to store the crayons and pencils that I will be giving you though. This is not a requirement, just a suggestion. Please be sure your pencil box it not too large, as our desk boxes are rather small and you will be storing books in there as well.

Mrs Aucter will be doing a special project with all students this year so she is asking for each student to bring in a white cotton shirt. This can be short sleeved or long —whatever your child prefers. You may want to be sure that the shirt is large enough so that it will fit your child for the full school year. This does not need to come in right away. Please be sure to write your child's name on the tag or bag that you send it in.

We will spend the first days of school finding cubbies, desks, and best of all, meeting new and old friends and getting to know each other. I am looking forward to getting to know new friends and families and seeing how much everyone has grown over the summer!

Parents, it is helpful to send in a note letting me know where your child will be going after school each day of the week. Please fill in the form below and send it in on the first day. Also, I will be sending home information via email and via my blog for now. To make it easiest for me, if you could send me an email to mia.melone@mmuusd.org  with the subject line Add me to your 19-20 email list, your name and your child’s name, that is the easiest way for me to create a class list.

See you soon!

Sincerely,

Ms Mia Melone