Friday, August 4, 2023

WELCOME BACK!

 Monday, August 14, 2023 

Dear Third and Fourth Graders and Families, 

I hope you are having a fun and relaxing summer! I am looking forward to seeing old friends again and meeting new friends. I will soon be in the classroom setting up for a fun and exciting year! 


I enjoyed going to Disney and to the Kennedy Center in Washington DC  to see John Williams with my son Joseph.  My son, Joseph, will be attending the University of Rhode Island this year as a Music Ed Major. 

As you may know, I taught at Underhill ID for 20 years. I started in kindergarten, then moved to third grade, second grade, multiage 1-2 and finally second grade again before teaching third and fourth grade here at UCS. 

In the first weeks of school, we will spend a lot of time getting to know each other and forming our own classroom community. The students will be helping decorate the classroom in the first few weeks with artwork, writing, and various projects. 

You may be wondering what you will need as we return to school. 

● You do not need to purchase any supplies for school!  Yay!  Our classroom has plenty of pencils, erasers, glue, markers, colored pencils, and crayons, so please do not bring in any supplies. 

For the first day of school, please be sure to bring: 

● A backpack or bag 

● A snack and/or lunch, unless you’re getting school snack and/or lunch. 

● A water bottle, preferably with a flip top, that will not spill if accidentally knocked over (with your child’s name on it) 

● A hat, sunglasses, extra clothes to keep at school for outdoor learning time and recess. 

● You may want to bring in headphones and a mouse for times we use computers. While I will supply earbuds, they are often not as comfortable for students as headphones. Please label your child’s headphones and mouse with your child’s name. I will supply a bag and a safe place for storage. 

● Please fill in the chart below indicating your child’s after school plans and send it in on the first day of school with your child’s dismissal/after school plans for each of their school days. 

Once school starts, I will be sending out a “Nuts and Bolts” newsletter that gives more information regarding birthdays, communication, and other FAQs. 

Have a great rest of your summer and I look forward to seeing you all Wednesday, August 30th! 

Sincerely, 

Mia Melone 

Third and Fourth Grade Teacher 

Email: mia.melone@mmuusd.org

__________________’s Afterschool Plans 

Please fill in and send in on the first day of school even if your child knows where they go

Mondays 

Tuesdays 

Wednesdays 

Thursdays 

Fridays

Bus # ___ 

Pick up 

Y

Bus # ___ 

Pick up 

Y

Bus # ___ 

Pick up 

Y

Bus # ___ 

Pick up 

Y

Bus # ___ 

Pick up 

Y