Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Welcome To Second Grade! 2016-2017



 Dear Students and Families,

I hope you have all had a relaxing and fun filled summer vacation.  I just got back from Hershey, Pennsylvania!  This week I have been back in the classroom getting ready for you and another fun filled year full of learning! 
You may be wondering what you need to bring to school on the first day.  You will need:
  • ·        a snack.  Remember parents, it must be peanut and tree nut free.
  • ·         a lunch, unless you’re getting hot lunch.
  • ·        a back pack or bag. 
  • ·        It is also helpful to send in a note letting me know where your child will be going after school on the first day, as well as the other days.  If you know the bus number, that’s great, if not, no worries, Mrs. Preston will let me know which bus your child will go home on.


You do not need to purchase any supplies for school.  Our classroom has plenty of pencils, erasers, glue, markers, colored pencils, and crayons, so you will not need to bring any such supplies. Many kids though, do find it helpful to bring in a small pencil box that they can put the supplies in that I will be giving them.   

We will spend the first day of school finding cubbies, desks, and best of all, seeing new and old friends again and getting to know each other.  Although I have met all of your children I am really looking forward to really getting to know them as both students and individuals!

Just a reminder that our school day begins at 7:50.  Students who arrive before 7:50 should drop their backpacks off in the gym and go out to the playground for morning recess.  I will be in the Multi-purpose room to greet you and show you where to put your backpack.   I am looking forward seeing you all on Wednesday, August 31st!